Five Ways to Control A Demon (Guest Blogging with Claire Ashgrove)
Five Ways to Control A Demon
Hi all! Thanks for hosting me today and letting me talk a little about Enslaved by Fear, the seventh book in Inherited Damnation (even though you can now get all 8!). Micah and Brigid are at odds from the start – what else can you expect when a demonologist is charged with imprisoning a demon…in her own home? I thought I’d share a few lessons Micah learns through the course of their story.
- Always have a back-up spellbook hidden away. Particularly when a demon is prone to sidetracking you with her body and memorizing your warding spells first. Pair this tactic with purchasing spellbooks frequently – good luck finding a language a centuries-old demon doesn’t speak.
- Listen between the words. What a demon says and what a demon means are often two entirely different things. Pay careful attention to body language. Watch for magical attacks as well as intimate caresses. Often they mean the same thing.
- Challenge her frequently to keep her on her toes. Also employed when trying to get to the real truth behind her false words. Use this tactic also to alleviate frequent complaints such as, “I’m bored.”
- Do thoughtful things for her, particularly when her entire family despises her. She will, in turn, beg for continued imprisonment. Use caution, however, it’s entirely possible she’s begging for a different reason that is far more detrimental to your safety.
- Coerce her to surrender her heart to gain her eternal loyalty. Employ this tactic with extreme care. It demands the ultimate sacrifice – someone will die. It’s inevitable. The choice is you or she.
And there you have it – some hints to some of my favorite scenes in the story. I hope you’ll check out Enslaved by Fear to gain a deeper understanding. And I hope you fall in love with Micah as much as our dear, sweet, innocent Brigid does!
INHERITED DAMNATION is an 8 book paranormal romance series being released as one book every three weeks between January 27th and June 23rd, 2015.
Damned at birth, eight immortal children of a high priestess are compelled to kill the one that holds their heart. They can never fall in love. Driven by the need to finally destroy their evil sire and break the curse, each struggles to balance their desire for innocence against the dark needs of their conflicted souls. The series contains mythos shared between the volumes, but each book stands on its own with a newly featured couple. The first four volumes – Cursed to Kill, Tormented by Darkness, Destined to Die, Bound by Blood, and Fated for Sacrifice are available now! Keep up with all things Inherited Damnation over on the Inherited Damnation Facebook page!
Taran McLaine knows the agony of his incubus father’s curse more intimately than his siblings. A century ago he murdered the only woman he ever loved. When he finds her alive, he’s faced with the ultimate heartbreak. They have no chance at a future–he’s done all he can to insure that on his day of judgment the ancestors will deny him a mortal life.Years ago, Solene Larouche embraced Taran and the dark curse that cloaked him. She knew the risk she faced, but when Drandar pulls her back to life, she agrees to aid the demon and damn Taran to eternal suffering. One look at the man who held her heart so long ago, however, changes her mind. She must find a way to free him, even if it means condemning herself to eternity as Drandar’s slave.
As Samhain approaches, Solene and Taran conspire to destroy Drandar. But will their combined effort enable them to kill the incubus or will they be cast into Drandar’s own special Hell and all hope of their renewed love marked for death?
1 – $50 Amazon Giftcard
1 – Set of the entire Inherited Damnation series in eBook
Building on a background of fantasy game design, a fascination with history, and a lifetime love of books, Award-Winning Author Claire Ashgrove brings to life action-filled, passionate journeys of the heart. Her paranormal series, The Curse of the Templars, marries the history of the Knights Templar with the chilling aspirations of the most unholy–a must-read for speculative fiction fans. For romance fans, she also writes as the National Bestselling Author Tori St. Claire and historical romance as Sophia Garrett.
In her non-writing time, she owns and operates Finish The Story, a full-scale editing house co-founded with Bryan Thomas Schmidt. She lives in Missouri and enjoys cooking, studying ancient civilizations, and spending downtime with her two sons and too-many horses, cats, and dogs.
To learn more, visit her at: claireashgrove.com or toristclaire.com. For all the latest updates look for the Untamed Spirit blog, via any of her websites. You can also find Claire on GoodReads, on Facebook, and on Twitter.