I didn’t really just do that… did I?: Top 5 surprises in Pure & Sinful
*Warning: this post includes a few suggestive plot points from PURE & SINFUL that tip towards spoilers.
Even the most disciplined, outlines-to-the-smallest-
1. Who’s the love interest? Really, him?! I wrote the first chapter of Pure & Sinful as a short story for a writing contest. Even though I knew it was likely going to expand later into a full length novel, I was pretty sure at first blush that the love story that was going to develop was going to be between Riona, the witch, and Dee, the demigod. When instead it turned out to be the sarcastic, smarmy Catholic Priest, my jaw bought tickets for China.
2. Jerry, it turns out, is quite a free spirit. A demon is a fallen mortal soul that is given a one time pass to be reincarnated on Earth to do the Devil’s dirty work. In the Pure Souls universe, demons’ souls have been strained of all goodness in the fires of Hell. They’re not supposed to be able to experience sympathy, humility, generosity and most of all, love. Jerry is an exception. Why Jerry is unique is something he didn’t reveal to me until book two.
3. Dee’s got a dark past. This is really starting to tease at me in book three. He’s been hiding it pretty well so far. He let a little of the basics come out in book two, and we know that he himself attributes this in part to something Zeus did, but he’s still keeping it mostly to himself. I really thought he’d be more open about it.
4. The Devil isn’t really the ruler of Hell. He’s more like an acting manager, with the other fallen angels filling out the current Board of Directors. There was another “guy” who had the job before him. Knowing that Lucifer is just filling a position, gives me crazy ideas about what would happen if he suddenly wasn’t filling it.
5. Where in the Hell did Persephone come from? Talk about an uninvited house guest! In my original outline, the three Pure Souls head to the bar to ferret out a demon presence, but the bar owner or bartender never got a mention. Imagine my surprise when out of nowhere, this Greek goddess and Dee’s half-sister just shows up and becomes one of the main focuses of book three?
Pure and Sinful
Pure Souls Book One
Genre: paranormal romance
Publisher: Tulipe Noire Press
When it turns out your ex was actually a sexy demon sent by the devil to seduce you to evil, you’d think the next guy, no matter what he’s like, couldn’t be a worse decision. Enter Father Marc Angeletti, a smooth talking piece of forbidden fruit with onyx eyes and a razor wit, and Riona Dade may as well start packing her luggage for damnation now. But come Hell or… well, Hell, Marc, Riona, and demigod Dee Zitka have a mission: serve as a Pure Soul and vanquish Lucifer’s minion scum from the face of the Earth to protect humanity from evil.
Oh, and don’t get seduced into sin yourself, because a fallen Pure Soul is one of Lucifer’s biggest thrills. As long as Riona and Marc can keep things professional and north of the sheets, no problem, right?
Yeah, that worked out great in the Thornbirds, too…
Killian McRae would tell you that she is a rather boring lass, an authoress whose characters’ lives are so much more exciting than her own. She would be right. Sadly, this sarcastic lexophile leads a rather mundane existence in the San Francisco Bay Area.
She once dreamed of being the female Indiana Jones, and to that end she earned a degree in Middle Eastern History from the University of Michigan. However, when she learned that real archaeologist spend more time lovingly removing dust with toothbrushes from shards of pottery than outrunning intriguing villains with exotic accents, she decided to become a writer instead.
She writes across many genres, including science fiction, fantasy, romance, and historical fiction.
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/authorkillianmcrae
youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/killianmcrae